A passenger who pleaded guilty to the charge of possessing an indecent photograph of an underage girl has been barred from the Disney Cruise Line.
The charge was brought against 29-year-old Nicholas Leggett after the court heard he was seen at a party in February with the girl.
“He was seen with a young female passenger who is 18 to 19 years old,” District Court Judge Nicholas O’Neill said.
The girl had a large bruise on her head, bruising to her neck and bruising to the right side of her face.
The court heard the girl had no prior convictions for indecent behaviour, but had been seen at parties in the past.
Ms Leggitt pleaded guilty at the court on Thursday to possessing the indecent photograph and was ordered to pay a $500 fine.
He was also ordered to undertake counselling for five years and to complete 12 hours of community service.
The cruise company confirmed the incident was a “concern”.
Ms Leghtt said she would never do it again.
“I just want to make sure I do the right thing and go to jail for my actions,” she said.
Ms Kavanagh said Ms Leganes actions were “reckless” and “grossly inappropriate”.
She said the cruise ship had been contacted by police and that the matter was being referred to the Australian Federal Police.
Topics:law-crime-and-justice,sexual-offences,sexual assault,courts-and,crown-court,police,disney-newcastle-2300,nsw,melbourne-3000,vic,australiaContact Nick O’NeilMore stories from Victoria